Student Membership & Insurance
Why do I need insurance as a student?
Whilst carrying out case studies or any other treatments that are performed outside of your college can leave you legally liable for any loss or damage to other peoples' property, injury, harm or financial loss alleged to have been caused. The repercussions of this are serious and can harm your professional reputational.
Before you are qualified you MUST:
- Only practice treatments for case study purposes
- Carry out the treatment as you have been taught by your college/training provider
- Charge below market rate for treatments, to cover the cost of your treatment products/consumables only
- Make sure your client is aware you are still training (ask them to sign a declaration stating that you have informed them of this)
Following these steps, and making sure you review each case study regularly with your teacher, will help to ensure your student insurance cover is valid.
Benefits of joining BABTAC as a Student.....
As a student member, you are entitled to a wide range of the benefits and also become a valued member of the leading membership organisation in our Industry. Not only will we be there for you as a student, we will help you transition into a successful business after you graduate as part of our Student Upgrade.
- Comprehensive Insurance cover for students at very affordable rates (Ts & Cs apply)
- Discounted Upgrade for Full Member Insurance once you have qualified (call the helpful membership team on 01452 623 110 for more details)
- 3rd party discounts and offers from our Benefithub providers, such as discounts on Apple products, savings on travel and airport parking, offers on gym memberships, life insurance , massive savings on cinema tickets and many other offers for your business and personal needs.
- Access to Vitality Magazine Online, BABTAC's membership publication, full of industry relevant news and updates. As a member you can send us your story to have published within our BABTAC Member News pages and you can download the latest edition
- Membership Helpline - a highly trained and experienced membership team offering insurance compliance information and best practice advice.
- Access to a dedicated Member Forum with useful tools, templates, links, downloads and discounts to help you in every aspect of your beauty journey - transitioning from student into a successful therapist and building your own business.
What happens when I am qualified?
Once you have qualified in level 2 beauty therapy, your insurance will need to be upgraded, this will cover you for the treatments that you
are now qualified to do and will cover any case studies you will be required to perform whilst studying for level 3.
The treatments that will be covered under your Student upgrade package are:
- Basic manicure and pedicure treatments
- Eye treatments
- Tanning treatments
- Basic facials
- Basic Waxing
Now you are qualified, you can charge market rate for the above treatments but any Level 3 case studies, as above, will need to cover the cost of
your treatment products/consumables only.
What insurance do I require once I am fully qualified in levels 2 and 3 beauty therapy?
Once you have qualified in level 2 and 3 your insurance package will again need to be upgraded to a full therapist insurance.
BABTAC's full membership will provide you with the cover needed for this along with a full membership, giving you access to all of
our member benefits. You will be expected to provide all of your training certificates, these will be recorded on your membership profile
by our membership team.