Why do I need insurance as a student?
Whilst carrying out case studies or any other treatments that are performed outside of your college can leave you legally liable for any loss or damage to other peoples property, injury, harm or financial loss alleged to have been caused. The repercussions of this are serious and can lead to financial and reputational ruin.
Before you are qualified you MUST:
- Only practice treatments for case study purposes
- Carry out the treatment as you have been taught by your college/training provider
- Charge below market rate for treatments, to cover the cost of your treatment products/consumables only
- Make sure your client is aware you are still training (ask them to sign a declaration stating that you have informed them of this)
Following these steps, and making sure you review each case study regularly with your teacher, will help to ensure your student insurance cover is valid.
Benefits of joining BABTAC as a Student.....
As a student member, you are entitled to a wide range of the benefits and also become a valued member of the leading membership organistion in our Industry. Not only will we be there fore you as a student, we will help you transition into a successful buisness after you graduate as part of our Student Upgra
- 3rd party discounts and offers from our Benefits by BABTAC providers, such as discounts on Apple products, savings on travel and airport parking, offers on gym memberships, life insurance , massive savings on cinema tickets and many other offers for your business and personal needs.
- Vitality Magazine, BABTAC's bi-monthly publication, full of industry relevant news and updates. As a member you can send us your story to have published within our BABTAC Member News pages and you can download the latest edition
- BABTAC Experts, on hand to offer advice covering a wide range of beauty therapy treatments.
- A highly Trained and Experienced membership team offering insurance compliance information and best practice advice.
- Access to dedicated pages of useful links and downloads to help you in every aspect of your business that can guide you from the beginning, helping you to create and build your business, adding new treatments and products and selling your business on when you are ready to move on.
What happens when I am qualified?
Once you have qualified in level 2 beauty therapy, your insurance will need to be upgraded, this will cover you for the treatments that you
are now qualified to do and will cover any case studies you will be required to perform whilst studying for level 3.
The treatments that will be covered under your Student upgrade package are:
- Basic manicure and pedicure treatments
- Eye treatments
- Tanning treatments
- Basic facials
- Basic Waxing
Now you are qualified, you can now charge market rate for the above treatments but any case studies, as above, will need to cover the cost of
your treatment products/consumables only.
What insurance do I require once I am fully qualified in levels 2 and 3 beauty therapy?
Once you have qualified in level 2 and 3 your insurance package will again need to be upgraded to a full therapist insurance.
BABTAC's full membership will provide you with the cover needed for this along with a full membership, giving you full access to all of
our member benefits. You will be expected to provide all of your training certificates, these will be recorded on your membership profile
by our membership team.