The last few months have been incredibly difficult for our members and the industry at large. Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel with most businesses either back already (in some capacity) or gearing up to go back now that the government(s) have mostly lifted restrictions and finalised return dates. This has been and remains an extraordinary time with unprecedented & complicated problems and absolutely no perfect solutions - so we are aware that there is still much confusion and concern around what is and isn't allowed to be done. We will continue, along with other invloved industry bodies, to highlight these queries and concerns to government.
Sadly there are also still those who for whatever reason still cannot return to work and in desperate need of financial support. If you are able to please support our Beauty Backed Campaign here. Every little bit helps!
Over the past few months we have also collated and provided ongoing business recovery support, resources, tips and updates, together with our experts and partners, to help you to navigate the past few months so that when this tough time passes you will be fully prepared and equipped to make full use of all the opportunities that will arise. Some of these are available here and further Back to work Toolkits have been available to Members on the Members Lounge. We continue to update both this hub and our News weekly so please remember to continue to check in here regularly as we will be adding to this on an ongoing basis.
Important Notice Regarding Government Guidelines - as all the government bodies continue to add updates and amendments frequently to their guidance at the moment, we advise members to keep checking for updates as they do not always confirm when they have. Any government guidelines do have to provide a date for their last update and a summary of what has changed, so keep a check that the copy you have is the most recent version.
- Create a NHS QR Code Poster for your business (added 17/09/20)
- Local Lockdown Guidance (last updated 09/09/20)
- Government Close Contact Guidance (last updated 11/09/20)
- Hygenisis Health & Safety Beauty Industry Q & A Webinar (took place on 23/07/20 and can be viewed here)
- Wales Current Guidance (20/08/20)
- Close Contact Guidance for Scotland (updated last 25/08/20)
- Close Contact Services Checklist (updated last 25/08/20)
- Member Survey Summary Results on Impact of Restrictions (17/07/20)
- Industry Survey Summary Results on the Imapact of COVID19 (07/07/20)
- Latest News Updates
- Template MP letter re Reopening of Beauty, Spa & Wellness Businesses (30/06/20)
- BABTAC Back to work Guidelines (launched 7/05/20) - awaiting final update after government final updates
- BABTAC Beauty Broadcasts (launched 15/05/20)
Government Financial Support & Guidance
- Extension to Furlough Scheme
- Bounce Back Loans Launched on the 4th May 2020
- Full Government Recovery Strategy
- Relevant Government Financial Assistance for Small Businesses & Self Employed
- Access to Additional Guidence for Devolved Nations
BABTAC Business Recovery Support
- 11 steps to help you navigate coronavirus (by Liz McKeon)
- Get your buisness ready to bounce back
- Marketing through COVID19
- Handling tough staff issues (video supplied by Sue Ingram and Susan Routledge)
- Business Trunaround and M & A (video supplied by Jeremy Harbour & Susan Routledge)
- Furlough Laws (video supplied by David Wright & Susan Routledge)
- Cashflow & Furlough (video supplied by Chris Cheeney & Susan Routledge)
- Motivation & staying Strong (video supplied by JP De Villiers & Susan Routledge)
Online CPD Training Options
- Masced Melanoma & Skin Cancer Early Detection Course
- Tutorials from Alison Young
- Barbicide Certification
Previous VITALITY Articles that are relevant
- What is CPD and how can it make your business stand out?
- Spring Clean your business
- Make the Sale
- Extra Curricular Beauty
- Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail
Mental Health & Wellness
- Self-care tips for staying at home (by our Wellness Expert Suzy Reading)
How can we all help?
While this crisis affects all of us, this is the time more than ever to help those even more affected than we are. Whether this is a simple phone call to an elderly relative or friend or a client you know is all alone or vulnerable due to health conditions, these small acts of kindness may be a far greater gift to those receiving them.
If you are able to provide more help either financially or by assisting perhaps with small donations of supplies (e.g. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you may have in your salons e.g. gloves, sanitiser, masks) below are some charitible options for you to consider supporting.