While previous statements from the government on what was expected of businesses to help in the fight against coronavirus may have left some room for interpretation, our Prime Minister's latest statement last night leaves us all in no doubt as to what is not only expected of us all, but also what will be enforced, if required, in order to ensure that we all play our valuable part in fighting this virus as a nation.
With immediate effect all non essential businesses, beauty, hair and nail salons included, are expected to now close their doors for a minimum of 3 weeks.
In addition to this no individual should leave their own place of residence other than for the following reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- one form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household;
- any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
- travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
This therefore prevents all clients from seeking any treatments from any salon, even if a therapist, hairdresser or barber works from their own home. This should now also negate any issues facing members who have made the responsible choice to closed their doors already, even when other competitors didn't follow suit.
The PM confirmed that if people don’t follow the rules the police will have the powers to enforce them, including through fines and dispersing gatherings.
Other compliance requirements included:
- Stop all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with;
- Stop all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals.
At this time BABTAC are also finalising all measures to ensure our own staff can all work remotely, compliantly and in line with government stipulations. While the systems are still being fully tested we encourage members to email any queries you may have to email@example.com to receive timely responses from one of our friendly membership team. Our working hours remain 09h00 - 17h00 Monday to Friday.
We will also continue to update our members with relevant news, any further developments which may effect you and provide support and assistance at what is a very difficult time for you all.
We are all in this together!
Click here for the full government guidance on the lockdown