Another week of adjustments that even the Prime Minister is starting to get confused over only further highlights just how hard it is to stay on top of new rules and how easy it is to lose faith in the system. While it remains so difficult to keep up and keep committed, it is more important than ever to continue to follows the rules as they change and evolve. We have a collective responsibility, businesses and individuals alike, to do the best we can (often simply by using good common sense) to beat this pandemic as soon as possible. That really is the only way we will finally all be able to move positively forward.
An adjustment has been make to the Track & Trace procedures for mobile therapists in England and Wales. Originally we were advised that they did not need to download a QR Code. However government and the NHS have now confirmed that all mobile therapists must print out a QR Poster to take with you to all your clients. Please note - you must enter YOUR own postcode and choose YOUR address when inputting the details. This will not show up as your address to the NHS it will simply show who you were with and in what time order. If you haven't done so already please sign up for your QR Poster here
We have also received the news from government that Saunas and Steam Rooms in England can also reopen now with immediate effect.
The guidance around saunas and steam rooms (all thermal facilities) has been published in the DCMS guidance for Sports and Gym Leisure Facilities and NOT in the Close Contact Services guidance. Please view the full guidance here
A summary of updated relevant reference is as follows:
Saunas and steam rooms
- Maximum capacity should be restricted to 50%. For example, a sauna designed for 4 people should only be used by 2 people at the same time.
- Facilities should operate with 2m social distancing, including marked seating points in each room.
- Guests should be given fixed times and staggered slots to enter the sauna or steam room. For example, a sauna with a normal capacity for 4 individuals offers an appointment time of 12.00 - 12.15. Up to 2 individuals may book this slot. They must arrive at 12.00. They may leave and re-enter at any time but the sauna must be vacated by everyone at 12.15.
- Where technically possible, increase air flow and air changes to the maximum possible.
- Ensure that saunas, steam rooms and any equipment are cleaned regularly, at the beginning and end of the day and at regular intervals in-between, determined by the risk assessment
After weeks and weeks of our Chair Lesley Blair continually asking and sending communications to different government departments in Scotland requesting clarity for our members on the confusion and misinterpretation on the rules on face masks in Scotland, we finally received a letter directly from the government making absolutely clear that removing the clients face mask at ANY time is prohibited. Please see the government letter (click here) for their full response.
This remains such a difficult time for so many and as things tighten up all around us we remain so aware of so many out there struggling financially. Please remember for those in dire need that the Beauty Backed Campaign continues and is currently so close to hitting the £500,000.00 target which is an unbelievable feat! Thank you so much to those of our members who have kindly contributed to this incredibly worthy cause. Caroline Hirons, amazing and inspiring industry expert and BABTAC member (who spearheaded this campaign with our Chair Lesley Blair and Millie Kendall, MBE co-founder of The British Beauty Council) has set up an incredible raffle to further champion and promote this worthy cause. Please support if you can - there are fabulous prizes to be won! Click here for more information and to buy tickets.
If you or anyone you know is in desperate need of the safety net these funds raised provide please get in touch with The Hair & Beauty Charity where all funds go to.